Wednesday 31 March 2010

important update

i've seen a consultant!!!!
unfortunately it is the cardio one on whose ward i'm technically squatting (rheumatology never seem to have their own ward, their own outpatients dept but no ward). he apologised for the non appearance of dr davies, and has decreed that i no longer need a drip - i can go onto oral antibiotics. he also is prescribing me a mouthwash to sort out the ulcers and thrush that have taken up residence in my mouth over the last few days (a side affect of the levels of medicine that i've been on).
he then popped his head back in to tell me that i will go for a chest x-ray and see how my lungs are looking now, a sensible decision that agree with not only because it makes sense, but also it will also give me something else to look forward to today. he's nice man, if i ever need a heart doctor - he's my man.

i went to the shop to get a paper, no one seemed to mind or to notice. unfortunately the largest easter eggs stocked by the shop are creme eggs, matthew may not be getting an egg this year...

and hot off the press, as i type a man has come to look at my bedside light that hasn't work since i arrived in sideroom 2. he changed the bulb and it now works on dim, but i'll need a new switch in order to work it from the bed. he'll report it!!!!

No comments: