Monday 29 March 2010

hello from sideroom 2

goodmorning. it is monday 29th march and you find me in treliske hospial (officially royal cornwall hospital) where i was admitted last friday, showing signs of a severe chest infection and possibly a clot on the lung. fortunately no clot. but a nasty flare up of my lupus attacking the lining of my lungs (pleurisey) combined with a chest infection.
i have received large doses of intraveneous steriod + antibiotic. yesterday i was moved from the high dependency ward to a cardiac ward (lots of old men) and deep joy the outside world via the internet (limited).
i got onto facebook yesterday but was unable to status update so i thought i would create a blog and see if i can update facebook this way.

i would also like to point out that the keyboard is at the same height as my head (hard on the arms) and doesn't like it when i type too fast. so please forive lack of capitals and abbreviated sentences. thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like doctors these days are about the same age as vets.
I keep inventing reasons why I need to take the dog(s) to the vet because they are all so scrumptious (I can say this because Dick doesnt do Facebook).
I have two dogs because my mother is now in a home at Cirencester, the dog is with me (boot camp) until she is slim, and the house is going on the market this week, so I am busy clearing out all the cupboards - deep joy! Am looking forward to only having to drive in one direction, ie Cirencester.

Lots of love, and get well and home soon, Susie

lyonlottie said...

What's it worth so that we don't mention your comment about the vets to Uncle???

Impatient inpatient said...

oh yes, money or valuables?!