Wednesday 19 May 2010

handluggage only - update

i should probably be telling you about my time away with my lovely DYO colleagues, the sandcastle building, the comedian, the view of the sea from the conference room, the wonderful speaker et.

but i just need to tell you that airport security obviously isn't up to much these days. when i arrived at my hotel, i discovered that i had unknowingly taken some liquid shoe polish through security and it hadn't been picked up (probably in the suitcase from when matthew and i went to the devon life magazine food and drink awards last november!). but then on my last day, i realised that i had taken some tweezers by mistake as well, they had hidden themselves in the back pocket of a bag i keep my various medicines in. whilst this was a relief to my hairy eyebrows, i was begining to panic about getting this contraband back on my return flight.


i needn't of worried, my bag passed through the x-ray machine unchallenged, and because the two security officers were making a meal of frisking the two passengers ahead of me, i managed to go through unfrisked!


by the way it was a good few days away, and flying was worth it - even though i missed the begining, i had a lovely view right over the Eden project as we descended back into Newquay.

No comments: